Wednesday, December 20, 2006

The 20 Most Important Digg Stories of 2006!
(in my humble opinion)


THE Crocodile Man, Steve Irwin, is dead.


This was the biggest story for me. Steve was awesome and you could tell he was a genuinely good person and really loved animals. I still can't believe he's gone, what a loss.
I have probably spent over 300 hours watching his shows on T.V. Sometimes with
friends, after smoking a little pot, after a death in my family, on a Saturday
night all by myself, and so on. He was my favorite TV show of all time and it
broke my heart when he died. Hell, I'm even a bit choked up just talking about
it. It was like I knew him! :(



Digg Unveils New Features - Kevin's Blog Post Explains with Video

In my opinion, this was Digg's biggest and best update ever. I love the new
interface and features. The first day of the release I was really worried,
thought the site was going to be slow and choppy. Thank God it was just that
first day. I assume the traffic a few days ago was just insane. I love digg!

Rumsfeld Resigns

Well, I think this is a very important event in history. I don't hate Bush
like many people on Digg, I think Bush has made some HUGE mistakes and I also
think Rumsfeld is one of the biggest reasons. I think Bush is too loyal to fire
people and Rumsfeld should have stepped down on his own, if he had done that,
perhaps we would not be in the situation we are in now. History will probably
look back on Rumsfeld as one of the biggest factors in the Iraq failure. Good
riddance.


Saddam Hussein Is Sentenced to Death by Hanging

Well, this was our true mission in Iraq. So the original mission was
accomplished at this point. Unfortunately the finish line seems to keep moving.
Either way, the man is a very bad person and is going to finally pay for the
horrible things he did to innocent people and children.


HUGE Mars NEWS! There is water on Mars - flowing water!

To me, this is a pretty huge story. Not like when we landed on the moon, but
still a really huge story. Where there's water, there can be life. I doubt we
will find any cool "life" on mars besides small microscopic stuff. But you never
know, if there is water flowing underground, even some type of underground lake
or oceans, we could possibly find some serious life, and that would blow the
moon landing out of the water. I'm looking forward to hearing more about this!

It's Done! One Red Paperclip Guy has got his house.

This is truly amazing. I saw this when he first started out and thought "how
stupid, as if this will ever work". Yea, well it worked. Just goes to show if
you have drive, determination, and a positive attitude, anything is possible.
Kudos to this kid.

Simple Key Mod Makes Most All Current Locks Obsolete

I almost bought a set of these keys, I was at the checkout page and changed
my mind at the last moment, realizing I would probably end up getting in trouble
with the keys. I also notice YouTube has removed the video, seems Google is
starting to screw YouTube up already. Either way, totally amazing.


Senator Ted Stevens Downloads the Entire Internet and Complains It's Slow!

Just goes to show how fucking retarded our elected officials really are. This
guy has to be one of the most slimey and corrupt people I have ever seen in
government. I hate this man with a passion and hope his wrinkled old penis falls
off. That's all I'm going to say, otherwise I will go worked up into a three
page long rant.
Fuck you Ted!!!


25 of the best extensions for Firefox - Have It Your Way!

This is the kind of stuff that will make all our lives better. The more
Microsoft feels the heat from companies like Fire Fox, the better off we are.
Maybe one day, Microsoft will be forced to open up it's source in order to stay
in business. I know, it's a far stretch, but you never know. Competition is
always good, specially when you have a monopoly like Microsoft.


Read this! The internet is about to get messed up.

This kind of goes along with the Ted Stevens story above. Still, this is a
really serious issue that everyone should be worried about. I'm afraid we may be
in the "golden age" of the Internet. With this kind of crap going on, the future
isn't looking real good.

P.S. http://savetheinternet.com


World's 2nd Richest Man Give Away Fortune: To Bill Gate's Foundation

Not much to really say about this. It's an amzing display of generousity and
love. This is going to do A LOT of good for a lot of people around the world.
*Both* of these guys are really good people, even though we like to bash on
Microsoft. When you give billions away for good causes it says a lot about you.


Netscape.com
HACKED!

Here's why this is on my list:
A. AOL Sucks.

B. People who copy off others suck, take the gazillions of dollars you have
and go make something original, losers.

C. And because AOL sucks.

YouParkLikeAnAsshole.com

I think we can all appreciate this website. Nothing worse that some dickface
taking up two, three, or even four spots because they think driving a monster
truck makes them cool and somehow compensates for their small penis size.
Then you have the idiots with a $20,000 car and they act like it's a Rolls
Phantom and no car is good enough to park near it. Anyhow, parking like an
asshole is a real good way to get your precious vehicle keyed. Not that I do
that type of thing...I'm just saying....


The EFF Petition still needs your signature! YOU can help stop the RIAA!

I probably should have put this up higher on the list, but oh well. This is
another really bad thing and I don't see an end in sight. Someone really has to
stop these asshats. This is another one of those stories I'm not going to
comment on, it will turn into a huge, bad language, angry rant. So yea, Fuck you
RIAA...and the MPAA too. I hope you die a slow death!


Its confirmed. Google buys youtube for $1.6 billion

Somehow I get the feeling this is going to end
up a bad thing. Soon as corporations start sticking their noses in cool stuff,
it turns to suck. Yes, even Google. Goodbye to another cool site that has been /
will be ruined by a big company. :(

No comments: